21 March 2006 ~ 10 Comments

Podcast growth, releasing my inner podcast

I need to calm down so that I can get to work today, but there have been two changes in my podcast life since I posted.

First, I am iTunes approved. This means if you use this link, you can add me to your iTunes list.

Second, Brenda Dayne (Queen of the knitting podcasts) has emailed me to let me know that she will promote my podcast. This is awesome. I wonder if she will still like my show after she listens to episode one?

I called my brother to let him know and now he is deeply concerned about my addiction to yarn and other fibers. He did think it was cool, giggle, that I am now the Howard Stern of the knitting podcast world. I’m such a rebel.

10 Responses to “Podcast growth, releasing my inner podcast”

1. anne 24 March 2006 at 9:41 pm Permalink

howdy! i’m downloading now and am psyched to listen! i will add it to the podcast area of my website and write about it in the next podcast roundup (i’m doing them every couple of months, see podcast category on my blog, no one is excluded and it’s NOT a critique, just info-sharing). anyway, good luck and i’ll email you after i listen!
    anne

2. Suzanne 24 March 2006 at 10:59 pm Permalink

I’m not a guy but I’m liking the podcast! Here’s hoping you make it to number 2….

Great music.

3. Paula 25 March 2006 at 2:53 am Permalink

You are doing great! I really hope you keep this up. I like how you left in the problems with the promo…it was endearing. I like your voice and I think you are going to be great at podcasting!
    Good Luck and I hope to hear you again soon.

Paula

ps I learned about you from CastOn.

4. Hindrek in Vancouver 25 March 2006 at 1:08 pm Permalink

Well done – will look forward to more podcasts ! Your story about the purple monkey and its reason for life was very touching. It is another example of the need for us to create and give of ourselves through the medium of knitting. I found a bag for your knitting at menknit.net – go to their cafepress link and take a look ! http://www.cafepress.com/menknit.14835206 (not sure if that will work or not…)
    Looking forward to the next installment ! H.

5. Christine 25 March 2006 at 2:52 pm Permalink

Just wanted to say that I listened to your show last night after hearing a promo on Cast-On and really enjoyed it and hope you keep it going!

6. natalie 25 March 2006 at 3:12 pm Permalink

heard about your new podcast on cast-on today and just sunscribed. it’s nice to hear a different voice. i really enjoyed it.

that was a sad and lovely story about the purple monkey. my 1st preemie hat ended badly and really threw me for a loop. it was a while before i knit for the babies again, but i’m glad i did (and still do).

i, too, live in boston, actually cambridge near inman square. so far i’ve been too shy to join a knitting group but if you start up a new one let me know, maybe i’ll finally do it =)

7. Pat 29 March 2006 at 7:41 am Permalink

Hi there…..
    Just wanted to tell you that I am really enjoying your show…. You have a very genuine quality….
    Thanks for starting my day off with a smile!

8. WendyE 29 March 2006 at 2:49 pm Permalink

Hmm I guess I should say I’m not any of ‘those’ Wendy’s!

Congratulations! I found your podcast interesting — only suggestion is to slow down a little, relax and breath! The Yarn Harlot’s new book is hilarious! I have heard it’s best if you contact her publisher and just ask!

Keep up the good work and I hope to hear the purple monkey is done and presented soon! Even better would be that Lyn doesn’t need them anymore as she is much better!

Hope more guy knitters find you –

9. Maribel 2 April 2006 at 2:01 pm Permalink

Hello, I simply loved your podcast, I was smiling the whole time while listening to it while on the NYC subway. It;s great that you are a proud knitter and that you don’t have to go around explaining why you knit, you just do and love it. I wish I had more male knitter friends to hang out with or discuss knitting stuff. Can’t wait to download the new shows.

Maybe you can talk about how men where some of the first knitters..many forget that fact.

10. Annette 12 March 2008 at 3:56 pm Permalink

Hey, I just discovered your podcast (I’m a little slow on the uptake!). But hey I wanted to let you know what I use to organize my needles and tools. A fishing bait binder bag! I ordered on from the Bass Pro store and it works great. It has a bunch of ziplock bags inside that are held with a three-ring binder system. It holds a ton of needles. I keep my double points on one side of it and my circular needles on the other side. Check it out. Oh, here’s a link… http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_37109?cmCat=CROSSSELL&cmid=PP_P1_1

Great Podcast. I’ve downloaded so many now I may never catch up!