06 May 2006 ~ 15 Comments

Episode 7 – Boston Yarn Crawl 1

BOSTON YARN CRAWL 1 SHOW

Another week… another episode.

This weeks begins a yarn crawl that will should last for a while. I am trying to interview the shop people from my LYS’s. Also, this episode has no music… weird…

I go on for about half an hour…
Links from the show

From the Reviews:
Maran Illustrated: Knitting & Crocheting – maranGraphics Development Group
Get Creative

From the interview segment: Woolcott & Company
Big Girl Knits – Jillian Moreno
The Opinionated Knitter – Elizabeth Zimmermann
Knitted Flowers – Nicky Epstein

15 Responses to “Episode 7 – Boston Yarn Crawl 1”

1. Becca 7 May 2006 at 1:23 pm Permalink

Hello! I just wanted to swing by your blog and leave a comment before I download the latest episode. I am really enjoying your podcast – the music is fun and I enjoy hearing from a “local” – I live in Connecticut, went to school (and all my extended family live) in Rhode Island and my husband attended school at Assumption. I’m a tried and true New Englander and it’s nice to hear from another. Keep up the good work to the best that you can and happy knitting!

2. Atla 7 May 2006 at 7:24 pm Permalink

Great episode, but I definitely miss the music. I don’t always love your choices, but the music is always at least worth a one time listen, and often I find myself wanting to hear more by an artist. That said, it’s your podcast, and the content should definitely please you before anyone else.

3. WendyE 7 May 2006 at 10:39 pm Permalink

Guido: this may be the best one yet! I particularly enjoyed the interview, well after you pulled yourself together and got with the questions ! I’d like to hear more about knitting from him. I look forward to more yarn crawl bits.

Yes, I miss the music! Even though my taste doesn’t always match yours I do think it adds to the ambiance in your podcast. I just forward the button and skip over the selections I don’t care for.

Stop apologizing for being who you are/mistakes you make, etc. — we like who you are, the way you are, or we wouldn’t be listening!

Keep up the podcasts! Please! Have you noticed that although there are new knitting podcasts some of the old one’s seem to be droping out…where is Marie Irshad at Knitcast lately – anyone know?

You’re improving all the time, I’ll be listening to ya!

4. Kat 8 May 2006 at 6:00 am Permalink

Keep up the good work! I really enjoy your podcast – I missed the music but it was great.

5. Alison 8 May 2006 at 4:29 pm Permalink

I just thought I’d say that I love your podcast, but I do miss the music in your latest episode! I’m in a bit of a musical crisis at the moment, so I’ll take any access to new and interesting music that I can get! Thanks again for this fun and exciting podcast…I like knowing that I’m not the only knitting nut in the world!

6. Dena 9 May 2006 at 1:28 pm Permalink

Love the interview. Keep them coming.

7. Anna 9 May 2006 at 10:01 pm Permalink

I’m now a faithful listener, after doing a search for “knit” on iTunes! Rock!

Congrats to your Pumpkin on her huge accomplishment. I hope you both had a great time celebrating, and I hope your wedding plans are going swimmingly.

I personally didn’t really miss the music, but if you like having music, it’s your show, baby! Do whatever you want with it. I’ll keep listening either way.

8. Lisa 11 May 2006 at 8:20 am Permalink

I am really enjoying listening to your podcasts……….Congrats to your honey for finishing her grad school classes……I’ve been there so I understand what a relief it is!!

I miss the music—but did love the interviews………maybe find a “happy medium”……..music every other show……….or just 1-2 songs per podcast, etc.

However—-do what you like—–it’s A LOT of work to pull together—so whatever is easiest for you—especially since you have to re-find / acquire a new IPOD.

9. jordan 11 May 2006 at 8:38 am Permalink

Hey Guido–I started listening to this week’s episode on my trip to work this morning. When I heard you mention the Pig, I just about drove off the road! The Pig will beam with pride when he learns he’s made your podcast!

Anyhow, I’m enjoying the episode, and look forward to the interview segment. Thanks for podcasting!

10. cyn 11 May 2006 at 12:46 pm Permalink

Hi Guido,

I’ve been listening to your podcast from the beginning, and I’ve enjoyed each and every one! Your musical selections are actually my favorites of all the gazillion podcasts I listen to, so I really hope you decide to bring back the music! I’d also love to hear more interviews in future podcasts.

I really appreciate the time and effort you put into this podcast. Thanks for doing this! And congrats to your Pumpkin!

11. Kathleen 11 May 2006 at 2:09 pm Permalink

Hey Guido – just wanted to chime in that I, too, miss the music! I like a lot of the tunes you find. It’s not to my taste every single time because, well, hey, we’re two different people. But I always think your choices are cool and they make you and your podcast even more likeable.

12. Gina 11 May 2006 at 2:21 pm Permalink

Hi Guido. Just wanted to stop by and say how much I enjoy your podcast. I just found it this week and have listened to all your past episodes. Really enjoy hearig about your monkey and your stories and reviews. Keep it up! And bring back the music!

13. Elsha 12 May 2006 at 3:55 am Permalink

Hi Giudo. I just listened to Episode 7, without the music. I just found you last week, and I’ve really enjoyed your Podcasts. I listen to them on the bus instead of knitting. Bring back the music, please. You don’t know how much you miss something til it’s gone. I have a tip for knitting on the bus. If possible knit a sock on dpns, people are afraid to sit next to a person with all those pointy sticks. They’re afraid they’ll get stabbed, at least here in Pittsburgh, PA. Keep up the good work.

14. einfach hier klicken 16 December 2011 at 2:30 pm Permalink

Another thing is that while searching for a good on the web electronics shop, look for web stores that are constantly updated, retaining up-to-date with the most current products, the most beneficial deals, and helpful information on products and services. This will make sure that you are doing business with a shop which stays atop the competition and gives you what you ought to make intelligent, well-informed electronics purchases. Thanks for the significant tips I have learned through the blog.