14 May 2006 ~ 14 Comments

Episode 8 – Mothers day

Episode 8 – Mothers Day

Spending time with my mo, will do show notes ltommorrow.

From the show

MUSIC
Mother
Sure had a wonderful time
Vamos Lento / sube al agua

NH SHEEP & WOOL
Alpaca’s in New England
Journey Wheel – I bought a purple heart drop spindle for making sock yarn… yumm…

YARN CRAWL 2
Mind’s Eye Yarns
Lucy’s Lovely Hand Died Yarn

14 Responses to “Episode 8 – Mothers day”

1. Heidi 14 May 2006 at 11:07 pm Permalink

I thought the name knitting guys in boston was an awesome name for the group. I think that is sounds awesome and fun. The knitting group for boys sounds kind of odd if your going to shorten it to KGB.

2. pumpkin 15 May 2006 at 8:08 am Permalink

i’ve got it! KGB: the Knitting Gentlemen of Boston!!

3. Julia 15 May 2006 at 1:25 pm Permalink

Hey Guido, it’s great listening to you as always:-)
    KGB is a cool name. Knitting group for boys sounds lame and sounds like something that started as a class project or something…

BTW, of course you need to keep the music! It’s always a good divider/bumper for the show, and I also get to listen to unusual new music that’s not on the radio or elsewhere.

Just one more thing- I really have to work had to restrain myself to start a count on how many times you’ve said ‘at any rate/ any rate’ in your episodes;-) Don’t take it as a complaint, just something I couldn’t help noticing. I know, I’m SUCH a wise-ass…sigh.

Have a great week,
    Julia in Hamburg, Germany

4. Paige in Atlanta, GA 16 May 2006 at 2:33 pm Permalink

Hey Guido, love your show! Keep the music, people can always skip past it. How about posting some of your finished objects, UFO’s and things on your needles. Happy Knitting.

Paige

5. Sherry W 16 May 2006 at 2:44 pm Permalink

Knitting guys in Boston, for sure!

6. Sherry W 16 May 2006 at 3:13 pm Permalink

Don’t worry, lots of people get overwealmed at your first Sheep and wool!

7. Pam from CT 16 May 2006 at 5:47 pm Permalink

Cant seem to download from Itunes. Anyone else having that problem? Other podcasts are coming in okay.
    By all means keep the music…I always FF through it to get to the good stuff anyway.
    Found Sheep and Wool Festival totaling overwhelming: could not buy more than one skein of yarn. Who could choose?

8. Jessica 17 May 2006 at 10:21 am Permalink

Great show! Having your mom there was very cool. Glad you brought the music back. The interview with the alpaca guy was very informative and really facinating. Can’t wait to hear more of your interviews. :)

9. Wendy 17 May 2006 at 3:23 pm Permalink

Glad to know that we’re mutual fans! Keep up the crawl!

Wendy

10. Sherry W 18 May 2006 at 1:17 pm Permalink

Sorry I’m bombing your comments Guido, I’m listening to your podcast in parts.

I was thinking of the guy knitting bag problem. May I introduce you to ReLoad: http://www.reloadbags.com/ It’s a Philly local company that makes indestructible and cool bike messenger bags, backpacks and sachels. They are not cheap, but they do great work, all local, custom and by hand.

They will custom make just about anything, including embroidering
    logos and such. You can get your podcast name on it if you want! Check out the link for the ‘custom’ bags to see samples. They won’t use evil, yarn grabbing velcro if you don’t want it and will make pockets to your specifications.

I was going to go that route, since I’m a bike commuter and not usually into girly type bags. I ended up with a vintage fabric knitting bag from Offhand designs though . I love how they snap open and don’t have any of that velcro.

11. Katy 21 May 2006 at 8:13 am Permalink

I can’t tell you how much I’ve been enjoying your yarn crawl. I’m going to be in Boston for a short stay, and now I know where I’ll be going in between appointments! I’m all kinds of excited to see some of the places you’ve been talking about!

12. Kat 22 May 2006 at 12:26 pm Permalink

I really enjoy your show, but I am also having problems with iTunes and getting a feed to update your show. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I can get it just fine from your blog. Thanks for spending the time to do such a great podcast! And, I love the music!!

13. Christine 28 May 2006 at 1:42 am Permalink

Great minds think alike … “Mother” was originally on my list of songs to use for my very belated Mother’s Day Episode, but I just bumped it about an hour ago for another song. How funny is that?

I’ll have a new episode up tomorrow – can’t wait to catch up on yours! I’ve fallen so far behind!

14. Carroll B. Merriman 6 November 2010 at 2:35 am Permalink

thanks , pease check out this site http://www.yournetworks.ws and tell me if you could make money with it