02 January 2007 ~ 15 Comments

How bad could it be

So I have been kicking around the idea of doing a skit for the show called:

Yarn Beard (The Knitting Pirate) And The Curse Of The Black Purl

Copyright issues aside, I’m sure that Disney could have a field day, is this such a bad idea?

My Pumkin, you may remeber her as the one who refers the the show as dead, thinks that this may be a little too corny. But I spent the weekend re-assuring her that there is no such thing as too corny for you guys gals.

So I put it to you, is a skit about a knitting pirate and his shaggy crew too much?

Also… new show and happyness at the end of the week.

15 Responses to “How bad could it be”

1. pumpkin 2 January 2007 at 7:18 pm Permalink

2. Danielle 2 January 2007 at 9:59 pm Permalink

I’m so there.

3. Silke 3 January 2007 at 12:34 am Permalink

Gimme gimme gimme a pirate!

4. Christa 3 January 2007 at 2:41 am Permalink

Do it! And, if you want extra voices, let me know… (have you heard the DarkSpeed episodes on Chub Creek podcast? Tooooooo funny!)

Game on!

5. Katrina 3 January 2007 at 8:09 am Permalink

Sounds silly…I’m all for a little silliness. We have way too much seriousness in our adult lives as it is.

6. Micah 3 January 2007 at 9:03 am Permalink

I love it man! I’ve only recently found your podcast by my brother’s advice; YOU ROCK! I have to say, I went back and found the episode with your brother, good times! Nothing like knittng and drinking with your bro! I can’t wait to go visit my brother again and do a little knittin’ an’ drinking!

It’s good to hear about other guy knitters! Yarrr!

7. Faith 4 January 2007 at 8:33 am Permalink

Well, we wouldn’t know if it was too corney until we heard it, right? Go for it. =)

8. annemarie 6 January 2007 at 12:38 am Permalink

Mr. Two-Skein… I just want to say thanks so much for doing this show.

I found your podcast through your promo on Cast-On while recently listening to its archives… SUCH AN AMAZING SHOW! I am so glad there’s a boston-area knitting podcast… as a transplant to this area, I was having some trouble getting knitting-acclimated, but thanks to you and your yarn crawl, my troubles are over!

And as for Yarn Beard —
    Love it! Love it! Love it!

Can’t wait for the new show. :)

9. Kels 7 January 2007 at 9:42 am Permalink

Please oh please do it!

10. Meredith 9 January 2007 at 1:10 pm Permalink

Do it!! Do it!! Dooooo iiiiiitttt!! That would so rock!
    *grin*

11. Tracey in Michigan 9 January 2007 at 7:26 pm Permalink

yarn beard?… well- it’ll be cheesy…. but we’lll love it– cheese is comfort food, after all. ;)

12. Tracey in Michigan 9 January 2007 at 7:27 pm Permalink

and I think there should be a coinciding knit along— in Lorna’s Laces Black Pearl Yarn…. just a thought;)

Socks would be a nice knit.

13. michael 14 January 2007 at 9:04 pm Permalink

Hey, the mistresses Lime and Violet did a ‘Till Bill’ episode, so I say go wild.

14. Sadie 16 January 2007 at 7:35 pm Permalink

I think it sounds like great fun. And I agree with both of Tracey’s comments–cheese is comfort food and that Black Pearl yarn is really pretty. It’s at theknitter.com, for anyone who may be curious (I was!).

15. wendi 12 February 2007 at 10:08 pm Permalink