So I have not found a whole hell of a lot of time to do much knitting recently. I can’t believe how many groups I have missed in the last couple months. I long for my knitting groups in the same way that other people long for dinners with the family.
What I have been doing is being sick and working. Lucky for me I have stopped being sick. So the thing I do most these days is work, which is not so bad. The new job is great, the people are nice, the hours are flexible. You think I would think this would be enough. Sadly, I think do to my previous job I have become too jumpy about work, making me a huge stress ball all the time, for no good reason.
So at my last job I had a real communication issue. People would not really let me know how I was doing, except through the grapevine. This made me crazy and extremely self conscious. I worry about what people think and always fear that people were not being straight with me. It’s a horrible feeling. in the end, I am glad my last job ended when it did because I realized after the fact that I had all this fear and anger built up inside of me and I was not dealing with it very well. So now I need to start to let go of it. It’s a hard task that will take many days of yarn overs, like my chuppah.
My knitting groups became the place where I would unwind and join the rest of my knitting family. And now that I am missing groups and being crazy… I miss my groups all the more.
There is no substitute for group, I have been to two sheep and wools in the last month, not the same…
So… if you are still with me a couple of quick notes:
- The Boston Knit Out & Crochet Too 2007 is coming and we are looking for sponsors and contributors. I am again helping out with the event, feel free to contact me or go to the website for more info at bostonknitout.com
- I am still looking for people to share what is on there needles, I will be lurking in the yarn shops this weekend, but would love it if you called in to let me know what you are working on. 206-888-4187
- I still need to contact my drawing winners, I have not forgotten you…
- This weeks show will feature and interview with Carol Martin at Farmhouse Yarns
- I am thinking about taking some time off soon and re-launching the website with some pretty graphics and a release schedule, if you have some ideas about how to improve the site or show please drop me a line at email@example.com