27 November 2007 ~ 15 Comments

IAPM42: The Circle

This episode is the first half of a story told by Allison about her knitting store dreams.

Alison is a pillar of knitting in the Boston area. She runs Circles, teaches knitting at her store and during the knit-outs, is a mother of a fantastic and funny little girl, and is always a welcome presence at any knitting circle. Her story echos the hopes and desires of many knitting folk. Basically, she wanted a place to knit with others without having to say a word… really what more do any of us want… (except then to blab on about everything…)

15 Responses to “IAPM42: The Circle”

1. Nurhanne 28 November 2007 at 7:01 am Permalink

Very worthwhile. Looking forward to part II.

2. AnaB 28 November 2007 at 7:59 am Permalink

Wow, what an amazing story to listen to. Thanks for sharing, just as it is…
    Funny, I had cast on for the Sunrise Circle jacket last night, and decided to listen to the long show today, not knowing what it was about when I got started. Circles…

3. Kay 28 November 2007 at 9:35 am Permalink

This was totally fascinating. Thank you and I look forward to the next part.

4. Tara 28 November 2007 at 3:58 pm Permalink

What an amazing story. I am going through some very hard things in my life right now and what a great inspiration to listen to this! I can’t wait for part 2.

5. Diana 28 November 2007 at 9:37 pm Permalink

Loved this episode, thanks so much for sharing Alison’s story, appreciate your thoughtful questions and then letting her talk. Move over Ira Glass! Looking forward to Part 2.

6. Cynthia 30 November 2007 at 11:04 am Permalink

I can only say wow! You were right just to let Alison tell her story, it was very powerful. Thank you :)

7. Alanna 30 November 2007 at 2:11 pm Permalink

As a small business owner catering to fiber lovers, I really appreciate Alison’s perspectives on balancing dreams, goals and the realities of running a 21st Century business. Thanks

8. Keri 1 December 2007 at 12:29 pm Permalink

I love how Alison talks! This interview was a total pleasure to listen to. Guido, thank you for just letting her talk. I appreciate that you, as the interviewer, just let the story come. You rock!

9. Helen 2 December 2007 at 6:54 am Permalink

I found Alison’s story so inspirational and related very much to the community aspect of her business. I run a small community knitting business here in Perth Western Australia teaching people to knit socks and hosting knitting circles, as well as an online store.

Thank you very much for sharing Alison’s amazing story and looking forward to part 2.

10. Serenknitity 2 December 2007 at 8:05 am Permalink

Lovely, interesting interview. You were such a great listener. Can’t wait for part 2.

11. Karen 2 December 2007 at 8:46 pm Permalink

I loved every word of Allison’s story and can’t wait for part 2. Great story, great interviewing skills, Guido. You were right to let it be as it came to you. Sweet!

12. Amanda C 3 December 2007 at 10:37 am Permalink

What a wonderful interview. I liked how you let Alison do most of the talking . . . this was really inspirational.

13. Laritza 4 December 2007 at 12:45 pm Permalink

It is one of the best yet! Looking forward to part II. Glad to see you around.

14. natalie 4 December 2007 at 5:45 pm Permalink

That was a really great interview, very thought provoking. One of the things I also yearn for as a knitter is community, which I mostly find on-line, as opposed to in person. I’m intrigued by the community aspects of Circles and I’ve met Allison in the store once or twice and found her to be extremely articulate and interesting. Can’t wait for part two!

15. Catering San Francisco 19 April 2009 at 3:46 am Permalink

Beautiful! thank’s for the interesting post