10 March 2009 ~ 9 Comments

IAPM61:Casting On Tweets

Prelude – Alanna Nelson is the force behind Tactile Travel and is planning to cast on for a trip to NH sheep and wool in the spring.

Act 1Melesa Sundquist blogs about her life, knitting, and free form bras at her blog Stances and Stitches

Music Break 1 – The Midnight Fog by After Sun

Act 2Annie Modesitt is designer, knitter, and just all around extraordinary person. You can follow her day to day vistories on her blog, modeknit.com. She was originally on the program in episode 59.

Music Break 2 – Rollin Kisatchie yamomanem

Act 3Stephen HizKnits blog is HizKnits.com and is podcast is Y Knits.

Music Break 3 – Positive Tension Bloc Party

Act 4 – Christine is a writer and a friend who is getting the word out about her work on casting on of her family. You can find out more about her and her family at their site www.peymanifamily.com. You can find out more about the adoption agency they are working with at www.adoptionhelp.org.

Music Break 4 – Chelsea Brando Quin and the RavenPheat Musicians

9 Responses to “IAPM61:Casting On Tweets”

1. Katrina 10 March 2009 at 3:21 pm Permalink

I was having such a glum day….then itunes updated. Thanks for all your hard work entertaining me at work!!!!

2. Alanna 10 March 2009 at 5:32 pm Permalink

Guido, you are a mixing wonder. I love how you threaded these stories together. Ira Glass needs you!

3. Stephen 10 March 2009 at 7:55 pm Permalink

Happy pod-iversary! I’ve been with you since the beginning and am honored to have been part of this show.

4. Regina 11 March 2009 at 3:58 pm Permalink

Thanks for the lovely piece by Christine Peymani. I thought I was listening to NPR! Very touching. I wish her and her husband the very best in their search for that special child.

5. Christine 13 March 2009 at 1:50 am Permalink

Great ‘cast, Guido! Thanks so much for including us on it–it was an honor!

6. CAT 21 March 2009 at 6:08 pm Permalink

Happy 3rd Poddiversary!! I loved the “TAL” style of this episode! It seemed so authentic and natural for you to do a show like this and your guests were great!

7. Esther McDonald 29 March 2009 at 12:22 pm Permalink

I have been knitting for about 10 years but just recently discovered knitting podcasts. My husband gave me an iPod Touch for my 60th birthday and it really helped me to ward off alzheimer’s by learning how to use it. It was hard, but I was motivated by the fact that there were knitting shows I could listen to! Oh man, get out of my way – I’m getting those shows! So I’ve tried them all out and have sorted out the ones I really like: 1) It’s a Purl, Man, 2) Stash and Burn, 3) Faery Knitting, and 4) Cast-on. You are a jewel of a find, Mr. It’s a Purl, Man! Thank you very much. I’m only on episode # 5, so I happily have lots more to listen to before I’m current.

Esther McDonald
    Alameda, California

8. Melinda 21 April 2009 at 8:47 am Permalink

Guido!! Congrats on your podiversary! I haven’t listened to your podcast in a while (boo on me) and all I have to say is WHOA! What a fantastic podcast you have created! Good Job! I really enjoyed it.

Melinda