25 October 2010 ~ 23 Comments

IAPM75: Stitches East 2010

On today’s show Kimberly Reynolds and I talk shop about Stitches East. She is a super social media mover and shaker working for XRX(which BTW has finally started to make their website user friendly). She is very excited about the upcoming events.

Also, I am offering up an awesome haloween inspired project bag from my friend Sue at Lovely Yarns in Baltimore. Listen to the show to find out how to enter the drawing.

23 Responses to “IAPM75: Stitches East 2010”

1. DebKnits2 26 October 2010 at 10:16 pm Permalink

Hi Guido,

I bought a little yarn @ NETA SPA, CT Sheep & Wool, MA Sheep & Wool, NH Sheep & Wool, MD Sheep & Wool, & NY Sheep & Wool. I will also be at Stitches East & New England Fiber Festival.

2. Patti 27 October 2010 at 11:44 am Permalink

Listening to your podcast right now, Guido. I am bummed because I have not been to any cool fibre fests this year. Could I still enter the contest since I’m a loyal listener?

Happy to hear you again!

Patti/wombatknitter
    (who is hoping for a trip to Stitches South next year)

3. AnneLena Mattison 27 October 2010 at 5:28 pm Permalink

I’ve been to:
    Stitches West
    Golden Gate Fiber Institute
    Lambtown
    Studio 49 Retreat

Love the podcast and so happy you’re back.

AnneLena

4. Jim 27 October 2010 at 8:25 pm Permalink

Visited CT Sheep & Wool, MA Sheep & Wool, NH Sheep & Wool, MD Sheep & Wool, & NY Sheep & Wool. Bought yarn for my next weaving project.

5. gail 28 October 2010 at 2:50 am Permalink

Hi Guido
    I’m in CT right now at the Mariott ready to attend Stitches East tomorrow (well, today since I’m nocturnal). I listened to your podcast yesterday with the forecast for the show and am SO excited now to see it all! Great podcast despite the audio. I don’t think most of us care much about that, it’s just good to hear you again!

6. Lisa 28 October 2010 at 12:44 pm Permalink

Hi Guido,

I listened to your podcast on my commute this morning. I went to Rhinebeck on the Sunday and added quite a bit to my stash. I even got a drop spindle and some Coopworth / Silk blend to spin.

I will be at Stitches East on the Sunday for the first time. I will watch for the bunny ears – I will be carrying chocolate!

7. Sandy 29 October 2010 at 5:04 pm Permalink

This year I have been to Stickfest i Väst (Knitfest in the West) near Gothenburg, Sweden, Knit Nation 2010 in London and IKnit Weekender in London. That’s all for this year and I anticipate I will attend the same events next year.

8. Julie 30 October 2010 at 4:48 pm Permalink

Hello! I went to NY Sheep & Wool this year – my first fiber festival! I loved it!! I bought a few new sock yarns to try that I had heard of from other knitters. In the future, I will definitely plan on attending every year and maybe try to make it to a few more!

9. Tim 1 November 2010 at 6:01 pm Permalink

Hello, I finally caught up on your podcasts today on my way home from work. This year I went to the Estes Park Wool Market in Colorado. It was my first year to attend. I had previously purchased a Golding spindle so I needed some wool. I learned more about fiber at the festival and bought some natural roving from a co-op. I still struggle with my spinning. Nevertheless I can’t wait until next year. Hopefully I can also go the Taos, NM Wool Festival. Thanks for podcasting.

10. Eileen 2 November 2010 at 3:43 pm Permalink

I went to my first fiber festival in September of this year – Wisconsin Sheep & Wool. My husband went with me – he was a good sport! We went there as part of our anniversary weekend, married 23 years.

Love your podcast!

11. Erin 3 November 2010 at 12:23 pm Permalink

Hey Guido, I have not had the luck to go to any fiber festivals, but I followed posts from people at Rhinebeck on ravelry and I really am making a plan to go next year. I have to tell you how I found my way to your podcast… I was in Windsor Button today (buying $17.00 worth of gorgeous buttons!) for my Everybody Knows jacket and the sales girl asked me what podcasts I listen to and then she urged me to check out yours. I love the natural flow of conversation, so easygoing. I knew of you thru the Boston Yarn party,and I have to agree with your guest, you do have a following!!! Take care and thanks for the enthusiastic support of other fiber-istas!! Erin (19vesperstreet on Ravelry)

12. Liz 3 November 2010 at 4:43 pm Permalink

Hi Guido,

Glad to hear your voice again on the podcast. I attended MD Sheep and Wool and picked up some cashmere from Hunt Valley Cashmere for a scarf for my DH. I also attended the Garden State Sheep Breeders Sheep and Fiber Festival for the first time this year. It was a great festival. I picked up some awesome yarn from indy dyers Bittersweet Woolery and Forbidden Woolery.

I look forward to your next podcast!

13. Betsy 6 November 2010 at 10:19 pm Permalink

I was really glad to see a couple of It’s a Purl, Man podcasts drop into my iTunes!

My only fiber-related festival this fall was the New Hampshire Wool Arts Tour on the Sunday of Columbus Day weekend. There’s a group of us that go every year. It’s a beautiful drive through the foliage, very low key event, lots of yarn, fiber and cute alpacas. I stocked up on my favorite hand cream from The Spinning Bunny. Best hand cream ever, I get several months’ worth every year at this event.

I wanted to check out the new N.E. Fiber Festival this weekend at The Big E site, but unfortunately didn’t make it.

14. Betsy 8 November 2010 at 8:08 am Permalink

No festivals for ms this fall, but i am heading to the knitters review retreat with the fabulous Clara parks in Friday. I’ll send lots of details.

15. DonnaC 8 November 2010 at 10:59 am Permalink

Skipped Rhinebeck this year, but did major yarn buying at Stitches East! Some of my haul: 2 skeins Sanguine Gryphon Eidos, 1 Bugga, A few skeins of Miss Babs fingering weight, 8 skeins of Blackwater Abbey worsted for a Starmore sweater, some Tess Cultivated Silk and Wool, a really cute mitten kit from Tree of Life, and some other stuff that escapes me now. I also did the NYC yarn crawl a few weeks before and got some Colinette Cadenza, some Malabrigo, 1 skein of Madeline Tosh sock and 1 of Natural Dye Studio Fingering weight. Now I sit and look at my beautiful yarn and dream about what they all are going to turn into!

16. Lisa 8 November 2010 at 2:14 pm Permalink

I don’t know if I can still enter the contest, but just in case… I went to the Estes Park Wool Market in Colorado in June. I took 2 classes (felted bag and kumihimo braiding) and went to the market. I got yarn and some beautiful merino fiber. I just learned to spin this year, so I spun the merino for my Tour de Fleece project. Thanks for a fun podcast, Guido!

17. Suzanne 22 November 2010 at 10:05 pm Permalink

Hi! I’m a new knitting podcast listener. Unfortunately, I haven’t been to a fiber event yet. I live about six hours from both Stitches Midwest and Stitches South so maybe I will be able to get to one of those in the future. In the meantime, I live vicariously through the blogs and podcasts of knitters who do get to go. Thanks for the interesting interview.

18. turvid 24 November 2010 at 8:20 pm Permalink

I haven’t been to a fiber event, ever. We don’t have them here..

19. JudyAnn 25 November 2010 at 9:11 am Permalink

Hi, Guido!

Catching up on my podcast listening….I only got to Stitches Midwest this year. Hoping for more events in 2011.

20. pinkshawlgirl 3 December 2010 at 8:21 pm Permalink

Guido,

So good to hear you’re podcasting again. This year, I’ve been to

Susan’s Knitting Retreat in Columbus, WI
    Madison (WI) Knit-In
    Stitches Midwest – we did the PJ party. What a bunch of lovely people. A lot of fun.
    WI Sheep and Wool

I don’t think I can list everything I bought, but it was my contribution to the economy.

21. Amy BB 7 December 2010 at 11:25 am Permalink

Hi Guido!

I’ve been so out of touch lately … ugh work. :/

The only fest I went to this year was the Newbury Fiber Revival. And it caused me to break my fiber purchasing diet! I bought some fiber for spinning and some yarn … oh the guilt! ;-)

I hope you’re well and I hope to make it to the next Guild Guts meeting!

22. Melinda 5 January 2011 at 11:09 am Permalink

Hi Guido! 2010 was the first year I made it to a fibre festival – actually more like a fibre retreat (Maritime Fibre Arts Retreat south of Halifax NS) but I managed to come away with some knitterly goods nonetheless (including new roving and a book on wool). Fibre fests don’t come around here often (Canada’s east coast) but in 2011 we are having a first: KnitEast!! And I’m going. Saving up already.

23. organisasi pemuda 14 December 2011 at 4:21 am Permalink

Lovely just what I was looking for.Thanks to the author for taking his clock time on this one.